About The Trust
The Kingspan Insulation Community Trust
Welcome to the home page of the Kingspan Insulation Community Trust, a way of bringing funding into the heart of the communities that surround Kingspan Insulation Limited's UK manufacturing facilities.
Kingspan Insulation has had its home on the airfield industrial estate between Pembridge and Shobdon since 1986 and over the past two decades it has gone from strength to strength. The site is now the largest of its kind in the world. During 2007, Kingspan Insulation opened a new manufacturing facility just outside of Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorkshire.
Although Kingspan Insulation has always been involved in making contributions to the local community, in 2006 the company decided to do this on a formal and inclusive footing. The Kingspan Insulation Community Trust has grown out of this desire, and makes it possible for local people to plan and carry out projects that will directly benefit their community and enhance the environment.
The Kingspan Insulation Community Trust is able to fund projects that benefit the residents of the Parish of Sherburn-in-Elmet, North Yorkshire, and the official catchment areas of:
- Lady Hawkins' School, Kington, Herefordshire;
- Wigmore High School, Herefordshire;
- Earl Mortimer College, Leominster, Herefordshire; and
- Tenbury High School, Worcestershire.
Funding can be given for projects that meet one or more of the following four objectives:
- to support the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment;
- to encourage biodiversity (the variety and number of plants and animals);
- to improve the health and fitness of young people through recreation; and
- to promote road safety.
The Trustees of the Trust decide at their absolute discretion which applications receive grants.